Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tricks of the trade

Unfortunately, I wouldn't call myself a penis pleasing goddess.  I do know a thing or two and enjoy playing around and seeing what makes different guys moan, but all my learning, up until now, has been based on real life penis-ing.  I'm not saying that can't get the job done, but there's not a whole lot of variation in what I do.
A few months ago I purchased the book Tickle His Pickle by Dr. Sadie Allison.  It's touted as the how to guide for penis pleasing, both for oral sex and hand jobs.  The first time I heard this book mentioned in conversation, I didn't think much of it.  I had never had a problem making guys cum - it always happened one way or another.
But when a friend of mine purchased Tickle His Pickle and a few weeks later told me that her boyfriend (not one to hand out compliments easily) said she'd given the best blow job he'd ever received, I decided I just might need the book after all.  My friend's boyfriend hadn't even known she'd purchased such a book, and had always previously said an ex-girlfriend gave far superior head.  I know you may think that's harsh, but that's just how honest he is.
After reading through this fairly short (144 page) book, I am proud to say that I learned several new techniques.  Not only is the book clear and concise (there are drawings to go along with the text) but Dr. Allison does not shy away from any topics either, she's as up front and direct talking about anal play, safe sex practices, odors and lube as she is with ways to be sensual and techniques for providing mind blowing orgasms.  And while a book by a woman about penis pleasing may seem counterintuitive, she clearly states that she got help and advise from men.  She also repeatedly mentions that while the tips and techniques may bring new excitement and orgasmic bliss to the man, none of it will happen without good communication and setting the mood as a foundation.
The one other great thing this book provides is humor.  Dr. Allison makes it clear that while giving a man physical pleasure is a serious topic in terms of forming or maintaining a sexual relationship, it's also something that is natural, fun and funny at times.  The humor makes it both an easy read and leaves you feeling less like you've just been taught the one official way to please your man - after all, each man is unique and this book just gives lots of options, some of which will probably be for now and others that may be for another time or another man.
I'm planning to continue work on my deep throating technique now that I know laying back over the bed works best.  Also, I'm going talk dirty more of the time and use my natural oral sex lubricant (saliva) much more freely - especially since I was made with way more than my fair share of the world's saliva resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment