Sunday, June 20, 2010

Doin' it doggy style

I received the Doggy Style Harness courtesy of Bliss Connection last week and have been doing my best to test it thoroughly in bed. The harness is an unassuming black piece of webbing with loops on the ends that can be loosened or tightened. The middle section of the harness is wider and softer, and thank goodness it is, since that it’s the part that rubbed against my abdomen while it was being pulled.

My husband and I tried the harness multiple times and do not find it to be something we will incorporate into our everyday sex lives. This does not mean that we won’t use it from time to time, but it just wasn’t the best toy for us.

After figuring out exactly how to position the harness, and using it for a couple minutes, I literally grabbed my husband’s hands and placed them on my hips. I crave as much skin-to-skin contact during sex as possible and he enjoys it too, readily grabbing even my more jiggly bits.

I can understand how some women might prefer not to be touched directly on their love handles, and for those women, this harness may make them feel more comfortable and sexy during lovemaking. After all, this one of the big selling points on the packaging. Also, if the man has a large stomach that makes reaching the woman’s hips challenging, this could be the toy that makes doggy style a fun position again.

One really great aspect of the harness is that it allowed my husband to be more rough and fast with his thrusting, without it being uncomfortable both on my hips (where his hands would have grabbed) and inside my vagina. Sometimes with deep penetration I feel pain from his penis against my cervix, but this didn’t happen while we were using the harness. I can’t explain why it was pain-free, but am guessing that it was related to the harness changing the angle of penetration. Also, the harness made it so that I didn’t have to do anything at all (freeing me up to play with myself).

After doing our due diligence in doggy style, we were ready to take the harness off-road. I was able to strap my arms and legs in a variety of positions, making the harness reminiscent of basic bondage gear – though the webbing was not always the most comfortable on wrists and ankles (my husband found this to be an issue even when used in the recommended position). It could be nice if you are unsure of whether your partner would be up for trying bondage. Buying a harness advertised for doggy style would be a very minimal pressure way to introduce the concept to your partner: “hey honey I bought this doggy style harness and oh, look, you can also tie me to the bed with it.” Though if you really want an introduction to bondage, a beginner’s bondage kit might be a better choice.

On the box there was a suggestion that the woman use the harness around the man in missionary position. When we tried this it did give me a bit more control over the rhythm, but kept sliding up his back, which decreased my domination and ended with me tossing it off the bed and going back to business as usual.

Overall, I found this toy to be a bit of bedroom spice, something fun to add for variety, but not what I’d use in my daily life. I tend to be a missionary girl, and while I enjoy other positions, I know which one will get be off fastest, strongest and most often. It did seem to make doggy style more fun, so if you or your partner loves doggy style it may be worth the investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment