Friday, July 2, 2010

Coochy all over me

With a name like Coochy I was worried that it would be a gimmicky novelty item and was certainly hoping it wouldn't smell like its namesake. Luckily I found that this rash free shaving cream was just a poorly named unisex product with several good uses. When I posted to this blog about getting laser hair removal because I disliked shaving or waxing my bikini area, Chrystal at Bliss Connection immediately asked me if I'd ever tried Coochy shaving cream. I responded that I hadn't but was certainly game for trying it. She kindly sent me a bottle.
I hadn't gone bare floors in over four years so I was both excited and reticent. It always looked nice at first, but I hated how it itched and caused ingrown hairs when it was coming back. I followed the detailed instructions for best results and shaved off my landing strip. The area was so nice and smooth, a really close shave. Then I waited for the itchies, but they never came. Also I didn't get any ingrown hairs. I was very pleasantly surprised.
My husband manscaped using the shaving cream and while he did have the itching with hair regrowth, he did not get any ingrown hairs. So he tried it while shaving his facial hair - a place he always gets ingrown hairs - and guess what, no ingrown hairs.
I shaved my armpits and legs with this stuff too and got one of the smoothest full body shaves I've ever experienced. Then I used it as aftershave lotion as the bottle suggested (it has aloe vera in it) and was left with moisturized and nice smelling skin - it comes in several different scents or fragrance free. I used the original kind which, while I enjoyed the smell, could certainly be obnoxious to some people since it seems to remain noticeable throughout the day.
On the bottle it also suggests using it as a hair conditioner, so for the sake of research I decided to use it instead of my regular conditioner. I'll admit, I felt a little weird putting something called Coochy on my head. What if my boss or the cashier at the grocery store said "your hair smells nice, what are you using on it?" It's not as if I could just say Coochy. I decided I'd just tell them the name of the shampoo I use and leave my Coochy out of the discussion.
It turns out that it actually is a pleasant conditioner. It gave my hair more body and left it feeling smooth but not slippery. After all these uses I still have 90% of the bottle left, so a little does go a long way. I don't know how this stuff can do so many things but I guess that's just the way of the Coochy.

No comments:

Post a Comment