Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bad dream

I was recently sent a new toy try, courtesy of Bliss Connection. The Lucid Dream #14 by Doc Johnson is a G-spot vibrator. I've never been a big fan of g-spot only toys, but hey, it's not a dildo, so it had the potential to vibrate my clit too if need be. It arrived in a beautiful clear plastic box with purple lettering and swirly designs. A sticker on the packaging stated that it is the "Women's Health winner - Best Maxi Vibe."
I excitedly removed the purple translucent toy from the box only to be overwhelmed by an awful, chemical, plastic smell. I could barely tolerate being in the same room with it, much less think of putting it in my vagina. I quickly took it to the sink and gave a very good long wash (it's waterproof) with soap and warm water. While the smell didn't go away, it did become fainter. While I waited for the smell to dissipate I did a little research. The outside of this toy is made with PVC vinyl - not exactly a chemical free material.
I washed and aired it out for a couple days then gave it a go. The twist speed dial (vs. a button) on the bottom has always been less satisfying to me as I like discreet speeds, but I figured it had the potential to still be decent if the vibration were intense. Unfortunately it had low to medium power.
The big bulbous head (1.5 inches in diameter definitely makes it a maxi vibe) was something I figured would satisfy me as I'm a size matters kind of gal, but it just didn't. The large and awkwardly long head, with a very skinny base just left me wondering what was going on, especially with the less than satisfying vibration. I also had difficultly holding it comfortably with penetration and turning the dial was nearly impossible while using it. But I do give it credit for being so quiet that even at full speed I wasn't always sure if it was on when inserted (they weren't lying about it being virtually silent).
Unfortunately, even when I gave up on using it as a g-spot vibrator and placed it on my clitoris I was left unfulfilled. The vibration is centered in the large angled bulb, below the tip. I got to the point of teasingly stimulating, kind of in the same way as bad oral sex, not enough to get me off, even after a desperately long 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment